Tuesday 15 April 2014

New Look Pattern 6053




Skirts!


So recently I've seen so many patterned 
and bright summery skirts I want. 
This is a selection from 
Topshop and New Look...








I actually have the blue one below - I couldn't resist, I love the colours of it!

I like making clothes that are actually currently in fashion. For me it's a way of having clothes that are in but also unique and for a lower price tag!



So I found the New Look pattern 6053. This is a brilliant pattern because, as it says on the front, its really easy to use and gives such a great fit. There are only 4 pieces for each skirt - two for the front and back and two for the facing at the waist - and the only tricky part really is the zip. This was a new technique for inserting a zip for me. You overlap the fabric over the zip to hide it. It's really effective. 


I also actually followed the instructions fully this time, doing the little details like stay stitching at the beginning and understitching the facing. They are worth doing! I was going to do my own guide for understitching but I found a brilliant one online that I can't better! The link for it is here.







I used New Look Pattern 6053 to make these two skirts...






 Skirt One worn with: Top - Topshop; Boots - New Look; Necklace - Accessorize.
Skirt Two worn with: Top - Primark; Boots - George; Necklace - Accessorize


No comments:

Post a Comment