Tuesday 29 April 2014

DIY Shabby Chic Chair


DIY Shabby Chic Chair

How to Turn a Plain IKEA Chair 
into a Pretty Shabby Chic Chair


So we bought a couple of cheap IKEA chairs for our new flat, but they were a bit too plain...

So here's how I transformed them using Annie Sloan paint.

---------------------------------------------------



 Before Photo


 The Kit I Used

First I painted the chair with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White. This stuff is brilliant. No preparation needed, you just go for it.


Then you just have to apply the Annie Sloan Soft Wax to protect the paint.


I then upholstered the seat. I used leftover quilting wadding and mint green polka dot material. I doubled over the wadding and cut it just bigger than the seat so it would cover the edges too. I then cut the material a bit bigger than that so I could double it under to make sure the edges would be neat.


I used white upholstery nails to attach the wadding and material as shown below.


Then I just had to attach the seat using nails and...


Finished item!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment