Saturday 10 January 2015

Pattern Hack

Little Red Dress


It's the new LBD. And it's finished! 

I take inspiration from current fashion for my makes and red has been big this season. I got this red jersey fabric in a sale for just £3.99 per metre and used patterns I already had to make the dress I pictured for it. 

This is my first real pattern hack. I used the Cynthia Rowley 2054 pattern for the top, taking it in at the waist, and New Look 6262 for the skirt. This has been the first item I've used elastic for the waist and it was a lot more successful than I expected! Really easy to do too - just sewn in with the waist seam with a zigzag stitch. 

It didn't all work first time though. I had to take in the sides of the top about 3 times before I was happy with the fit (and if I did it again I'd still take it in more) and take the sleeves in twice too. I also unpicked the entire neck binding to redo it because it was such a mess the first time.

I'd still make it again though! Perhaps in a less festive colour... 


No comments:

Post a Comment