Tuesday 13 January 2015

Clover Dress - Papercut Patterns

Clover Dress




I LOVE this dress! This is the first time I've tried Papercut Patterns and I'm a huge fan! This dress was so easy to make - it only took an afternoon start to finish. No zips or buttons to faff with!

This dress is such a gorgeous shape and the lace panels are so pretty. It's so versatile too. It can be dressed up with heels for a night out or down for casual wear with tights and boots... So I can wear it all the time!

I've had the pattern and material ages now but just couldn't decide what use as the insert. I loved the lace used on photos I've seen of other clover dresses but thought chiffon might be better because the main material is so patterned... But I went for lace in the end anyway! The polyester paisley print fabric  drapes perfectly and I'll definitely use this material again.

These patterns are a little expensive and a bit more than I'd usually pay for a pattern but honestly it's worth it! I'll be making this dress in all the colours/prints/lace combinations! And I reckon the top will be perfect for work. 

Coming soon... I also got the Sigma Dress from Papercut patterns for Christmas! I'll be onto that once I get some suitably beautiful material! 


No comments:

Post a Comment