Thursday 14 August 2014

Handmade Holiday 3

Day Three


On Day Three of my Handmade Holiday I wore this dress which I made using 
Simplicity pattern 1699 K5.
I used this pattern but altered it slightly. I didn't want sleeves and love the shape of the upper part of the dress as it is. However, it was a NIGHTMARE to alter! While the waist of the pattern size I cut fit perfectly, the bust was miles too big. I took it in so much so many times at all the seams before it FINALLY fit. This one took real perseverance.
I'm glad I stuck with it though because it fits so well now. I absolutely love this viscose fabric - in fact in the shop I loved it so much I asked for 1 1/2 metres without actually looking at the price first...oops! But because I'd made the dress in this beautiful fabric there was no way I was giving up on it.

I'd like to try using the pattern properly next time and make the dress with sleeves. Hopefully that might make it a bit easier! This is the same pattern I used for my little white jacket too, which again I'd like to make again in another fabric and colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment