Tuesday 24 June 2014

New Look Pattern K6124


 Pretty in Purple


Considering I wasn't too sure about this pattern when I started this dress it has been a huge success! I love the material (polyester panama again) and the pretty purple colour.

I got the pattern with a Sew magazine and it wasn't one I would have chosen myself. I thought it'd be a waste not to at least try it though and it might be suitable for a work dress. 

I had a little bit of a challenge getting it to fit well. At first I had made it too big (although I think that's always better than it being too small!) so I took in the side seams. However it then hugged my stomach too much (not flattering) so I took out the seam again below the bust. All worth it though because I'm now really pleased with the fit!

This was such an easy pattern to use, although I did go for the most plain of the options! I have surprised myself in how much I like it and would definitely use the pattern again. I might try the peplum style next time.

I'll have to see what other random patterns I have but haven't used yet.

----------------------------------------------------

My Step By Step Progress





No comments:

Post a Comment