Tuesday 14 October 2014

Simplicity Lisette 1419

Polka dots and a Peter Pan Collar






How cute is this pattern! I almost bought it a few weeks ago so when I saw Simplicity had a half price sale on I thought it would be rude not to.



It has a couple of features I hadn't sewn before, which were the keyhole front and peter pan collar. I love the collar! Since I was using navy and white polka dot fabric I decided to do a white collar so it would contrast. I used some leftover polyester panama fabric from my little white jacket project. This just about worked but was a little too bulky really - next time I'll use polycotton. 

The pattern was really easy to use and the instructions were clear. The only thing to note about the pattern was that although it was a little roomy on the bust, it was quite tight on the waist - although that could just be my shape in fairness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment