Wednesday 10 July 2013

Graduation Dress!

So today I had my graduation ceremony!! What a brilliant day!

And this is the dress I wore:




I was originally going to wear one I had spotted in Monsoon, but it wasn't really anything special or particularly well fitted. So I thought that since I had the time I'd make one. 



It's based on the Simplicity Project Runway pattern 2588. I really like it because it's smart but a bit different, particularly the sleeveless version which I opted for. I chose the fitted skirt rather than the bigger skirt because I thought it would be smarter for the occasion. 

It has been so comfortable to wear today and I've had a few compliments on it, which was lovely. I wore a thin black belt with it to highlight the waist of the dress. It also has pockets which came in very useful today! 



To anyone who is graduating soon here are two tips: safety pins and hair grips are essential! One to hold your gown in place, the other to keep the hat on your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment