Friday 28 June 2013

Almost Finished

I seem to have managed to end up with quite a few different projects on the go at once...oops. 

This is the one that is nearest finished though! 
Although it clearly needs to meet an iron...



It's made using the Lisette pattern K2246, which I got free with Sew magazine. It is the pattern for the larger sizes unfortunately, but I just made the seams bigger than I usually would and it is a pretty good fit so that didn't matter too much. 

I wanted a sleeveless dress so I haven't done either types of the sleeves and instead I'm going to finish the arm hole where they should have been attached. I started off doing this as a hem, folding it over twice. This didn't work very well though because it is curved, and so was bunching. I'm going to use bias tape instead because I've used it before for arm holes and it gave a really neat finish. 



I really want one of these! Then I can make my own binding tape in pretty fabric.



So spot the obvious thing that's missing from this dress...buttons! At the moment it would NOT be decent to wear! So the main reason that this dress is unfinished is because I need to learn how to put button holes in. I have a setting on my sewing machine that does them, so I just need to sit down and work out how to use it. I also need to buy some buttons. I'm torn between plain ones or maybe more quirky ones. Since it's such a plain dress at the moment I'm leaning towards cuter or quirky buttons. I saw some gold ones in the shape of dragonflies recently, which I quite liked.

It's not that far off being finished though, unlike some of my other sewing projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment